How do I apply?
Visit jobs.osu.edu to search for our job postings and apply online. You can browse all Ohio State openings, or search only positions within Communications, Fundraising, Engagement or Advancement.
What happens after I apply?
After the application window closes, the hiring team will review all applications. This can take a few weeks depending on the volume of applications. If you are selected for an interview, we will contact you. Otherwise, you will receive an email. Don’t give up! While we are lucky to receive strong interest for most of our positions, we hire often, so keep an eye out for future opportunities.
Do I have to apply separately for each job?
Yes, but the good news is once you set up an account at jobs.osu.edu, you will be able to save your application for future use.
- Don’t wait until the last minute to apply! It never ends well.
- Submit a cover letter along with your application and resume. While it may not be mandatory, it is a great way to succinctly tell us why you want the position and why you would be a great fit. We appreciate the extra effort.
- Pay close attention to the posting and customize your application and resume to demonstrate your experience in the specific field for which you are applying.
- Thoroughly complete the application and answer the supplemental questions truthfully.
- When answering the criminal background questions, make sure to read the instructions carefully so there are no surprises if/when we run a background check.
- When thinking of references be sure to include at least one former supervisor.