OSUAA Ohio County Internship Program – Buckeyes in your Backyard
The Ohio State University Alumni Association is pleased to announce an exciting internship taking place this summer that will give you a chance to engage with Ohio State alumni from your hometown while also raising money that will go towards your county's scholarship fund. The Ohio County Internship Program is calling your name!
The student intern will be a key contributor to the Ohio County Student Internship Program. Selected interns will act as summer ambassadors who meet, share info, and collect/update data about Buckeye alumni in order to qualify prospects for leadership annual and major gifts while also soliciting for and securing annual sustaining members.
Interns will be assigned to select Ohio counties for the summer and be tasked with securing 5-10 visits per week with local alumni/potential donors. The intent of each visit is to share information from the university as well as exchange Buckeye experiences. Interns will be responsible for asking alumni for annual gifts of $75 dollars and above and be assigned an individual overall goal of raising $10,000 in gifts and pledges. Each intern will create a personal fundraising page that will direct all funds raised towards their county's scholarship fund.
A successful intern must be detail-oriented and will possess excellent interpersonal skills, ability to interact with donors, alumni and volunteers, and be able to share their positive OSU experiences with others. This position requires frequent travel and may include evening and weekend work. The program will run May through August with students working a maximum of 25 hours per week. One week of training will be included in this timeframe, but will be 38 hours.
Why should you apply?
- Contribute to your county's scholarship fund, helping those from your hometown achieve their dreams of attending Ohio State
- Work alongside some of the Ohio State University Alumni Association's best and brightest on a resume-worthy project that demonstrates a meaningful outcome
- Learn about the importance of giving back to Ohio State while gaining experience in fundraising, relationship-building, and alumni engagement
- Participate in one week of professional development training that will help you hit the ground running upon graduation
- Receive a competitive wage of $11.00/hour while earning a $500.00 BONUS after completion of the program – all while you get to work from your own hometown during the summer!
Active enrollment as a student at Ohio State University; GPA of 3.0 or greater; prior paid working experience requiring customer service skills; proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel
Member of The Ohio State University Collegiate Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals; university call center experience; prior fundraising experience; good decision-making capabilities and judgment on qualifications; general understanding of databases; former Office of Advancement intern
We are accepting applications now!
Please contact Samara Preisler – Director, Leadership Annual Giving for The OSU Alumni Association – to submit your resume/cover letter. Deadlines for submission are Friday, April 7th, 2017.
Phone: 614-247-4118 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.